Advocates on your side when you face criminal charges
When you are charged with a crime, the most important decision you can make is your choice of a criminal defense attorney. Having an experienced and effective lawyer on your side can mean the difference between a prison sentence and reduced or dismissed charges.
At Andrews & Pontius, LLC in Ashtabula, our lawyers have extensive experience with the courts and law enforcement in Northeast Ohio. We also have a fierce dedication to protection of the rights of our neighbors who stand accused of committing crimes. We represent clients across the full range of criminal law matters, including—
Our approach to criminal defense
We begin by sitting down with you to find out exactly what happened, explain the law, and advise you on your options in the situation. Our preferred goal is to get your case dismissed or to have you acquitted. If this is not possible, then we use all available legal means to minimize the consequences for you.
When a plea agreement would best serve your circumstances, we evaluate the full impact—including sentencing options and the effect on your record—and advise you accordingly. If we believe it is in your best interests, our distinguished trial lawyers are fully prepared to take your case to trial.
How we can help you
There are many ways we can put our experience and our knowledge of the law and of the courts to work for you. Depending on your particular circumstances, we may take one or more of the following actions to improve your position in the case:
- Work to get the charges against you dropped or reduced
- Interview police and other parties involved in the criminal situation to uncover inconsistencies or exaggerations
- Independently investigate the circumstances of the crime
- Search for and engage witnesses to the crime who may testify on your behalf
- Determine if any of the evidence against you was obtained illegally
- Bring in private investigators to uncover evidence in your favor
- Hire expert witnesses to strengthen defense arguments
- Negotiate with prosecutors to minimize the charges and consequences
Experienced and personal legal services throughout Northeast Ohio
For skillful and personalized defense when you face criminal charges in Northeast Ohio, call the experienced lawyers of Andrews & Pontius, LLC at 440-998-6835 or contact us online.